A New Community Raised Bed Record
The Growing Ideas team broke all previous records when they installed and filled the 76th bed of the month (May) today – that brings the running total for this year to nearly 150 beds and that’s an annual record too. We have now given some 400 island households the chance to change their lives via our delivery of the Growing Spaces project.
Growing Spaces is our flagship, award winning community project ? Growing Spaces won? the National Housing Federation?s?What We Are Proud Of 2010 award for the south east. Growing Spaces is delivered by us in partnership with Medina Housing Association ? it?s a raised bed project that aims to give people everything they need to start to grow their own fruit and vegetables.
Every participant receives:
- An individually tailored, purpose-built raised bed which is filled with a locally sourced soil and compost mix.
- Seeds and plants along with all the information and advice you need to look after them.
- A regular training programme ? created and delivered by Growing Ideas ? including drop in cooking, advice and give-away sessions.
- Access to the project website, designed and maintained by Growing Ideas:?Growing Spaces.
- The chance to join the island community growing together and to share their experiences with others.
Tags: Healthy Living